It’s been a pleasure to be able to spend time at the club since we reopened, and great to see so many of you. We’ve had a busy and successful, yet quite challenging first week back, which also included a formal inspection visit from Sefton Council, to ensure we are following Government guidelines and our own COVID-19 Risk Assessment and protocols. We have also seen regular police patrols coming into the club grounds.
Our opening hours this week are:
We do remain under restrictions, and we have to stress how important it is that members MUST comply with our operating guidelines, otherwise we may be forced to suspend bar service. Please take the time to understand our current rules:
- Service is only for members with a valid membership card and their immediate guests
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 6, or no more than two households seated together.
- All persons MUST be seated, with table service only in operation. We are not taking table reservations, so it is first come first served. We have invested in additional outdoor furniture at the Club, however this is still limited, and you will be welcome to bring your own chairs to use if all are taken.
- People standing up will not be served. Please do not expect to be served unless you are seated, and please respect the staff who have been instructed only to serve you if you are sat down. This rule, which is a legal requirement, was widely disregarded last weekend and that cannot continue.
- Seated persons should not buy drinks for people standing
- Under the new regulations, ALL persons aged 16 and over MUST record details for track and trace purposes. Members can use their membership cards, ALL OTHER PERSONS aged over 16 must register each visit, either by registering using the NHS app (there is a large sign at the entrance) – or a physical sign-in register where contact details must be provided.
Staff will take your order at your table, or bench, and will ask you and all of your party to register individually before placing your first order. The staff will take your order at the table using portable tablets, and your order will be delivered directly to your table. Card payments are strongly preferred, and membership cards must be presented to benefit from the members’ discounts. We are sorry that you cannot currently use your membership card for payment.
The tablets precisely mirror the tills behind the bar, and there are only two of these. Your order is sent directly from the tablet to the till, where the order is received and the drinks poured in the order they are received. We know there were some problems with this system last weekend, and we have been working hard to alleviate some of the issues that led to some delays in getting served.
We will be running an outdoor bottle bar on Fridays and Saturdays, which will enable people to get a drink quickly without needing to place an order at the bar. These offer great value, with 4 bottles of Peroni or 2x200ml bottles of Prosecco for just £10. Please note that no other orders can be taken at the bottle bar.
Dedicated waiting staff will take any food orders separately to beverages.
The toilets will be open in the clubhouse. Ladies should use the toilets in the Lounge, and Men should use the toilets off the main bar. Face coverings are compulsory when inside the clubhouse, which should be for the sole purpose of using the toilets.
Inconvenient as some of these rules may appear, they are a requirement of us being open and operating, and ignoring them risks our ability to operate. So we greatly appreciate your assistance in ensuring that we can all enjoy the hospitality at our wonderful club in the open air.