The Northern Club is a multi-sport club, and we are here to provide sporting opportunities for our members and junior members. COVID-19 has interrupted our ability to do this, but as the lockdown restrictions are eased, we are keen to reintroduce sporting activities as soon as the restrictions allow, and only in line with the guidance provided by the sporting governing bodies.
Yesterday the ECB published guidance for clubs to open facilities for outdoor cricket nets, which we must follow. The full guidance is here.
A summary of the key points for the Northern Club is here:
- Check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with current Government guidance, if you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, you should remain at home and follow Government guidance.
- You can exercise outdoors (ie use the nets) on your own, with members of your household or with one other person from outside your household while keeping two metres apart at all times. You must only exercise in groups of two people or less, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
- You must book a slot to use the nets. This is to ensure we can control the usage, and also keep a record of who has used the nets.
Please see below for the booking procedure. You will not be allowed to use the nets without a booking slot, so please do not arrive unless you have one. Anyone without a booking slot will be asked to leave.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
- Only one-to-one coaching is permitted per session.
- Nets should be used on an ‘every other’ basis, leaving one net free between nets.
We will alternate between using Lanes 1 & 3 one week, and Lanes 2 & 4 the following week (to spread the wear and tear)
- There are no changing facilities open on site. Please arrive ready to play.
- There will be no toilet facilities open on site. Each practice slot is 50 minutes long, so please use your own facilities before you arrive.
- There is a gap between each booking slot to allow for safe entry and exit to the nets, and to allow for any necessary sanitisation. When you arrive, leave your kitbags outside in a safe space at least 2m away from other kit/bags that may be there.
- Please bring your own personal hand sanitiser. Before entering, and after leaving the nets, please sanitise your hands. The gate to the nets should be open when you arrive to avoid you having to touch it. If you do touch any surfaces, please sanitise your hands after doing so.
- You must use your own equipment and cricket balls. Only the person bowling/feeding should handle those cricket balls.
- Batters should avoid picking up balls – use the bat or kick the ball back to the bowler/feeder, or bowlers should retrieve their own balls.
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities.
- Please bring a reusable drinks bottle, preferably marked with your name, and do not discard any litter whilst at the club. Take all items away with you.
- All other safety rules relating to net usage still apply. Please read the notices at the nets.
The pitch areas are currently NOT IN USE. Please do not come and use the pitches for play or practice, until we are able to advise on safe and controlled use.
- Only authorised coaches and administrators are able to book the nets, using the club’s electronic booking system. This is to ensure traceable use (ie known individual use) by the club.
- Priority for bookings will be given to fully paid-up members of the club. Please ensure your membership payments are up to date. Bookings will otherwise be taken on a first-come first served basis.
- An authorised representative of the club (usually a coach) must be present when the net facilities are in use.
Stephen Cole, a fully qualified coach, first-aid trained and DBS checked, will be on site each Monday and Friday from 3pm-7pm, and Saturdays from 10am-2pm. Initially bookings will be restricted to these times.
- All bookings during the times above, including on behalf of junior players (either in household groups or a maximum of 2 people from different households) can be made by contacting Stephen Cole on 07809 430561 or Stephen@academynorth.co.uk.
Slots are 50 minutes long, allowing for 10 minutes between each booking to allow safe entry and exit, and any necessary sanitation. Please arrive and leave promptly.
Stephen will confirm all bookings. If you have not had your booking confirmed with Stephen, then please do not travel to the club.
1:1 coaching from Ste may be available for a fee – please enquire for availability.
(This may also be available outside of the times above.)
- If your booking is rained off or otherwise cancelled, please arrange an alternative slot with Stephen Cole.
- Only 1 slot is bookable per group per week in the first instance (ie multiple bookings are not allowed) – this is to allow as many people as possible to reserve a slot. Should you wish to make a second booking, you may contact Stephen Cole only within 24 hours in advance of this to see if there is a slot available.
- Bookings to be made only 1 week in advance. (No block bookings of multiple weeks permitted).
- Authorised coaches are able to book the nets at other times outside of Monday and Friday. No unsupervised usage is permitted (ie an authorised representative of the club, usually the coach, must be present).
You can view available slots via the club booking system, here.